Thursday, June 18, 2009

rpattz, hurrrrr.

Hi blogspot.
It's really been a while, hasn't it.
When I don't post here, there's two main other locations I use: tumblr & dreamwidth for future reference, in case you guys are interested. I have a total of 6 invite codes for DW, so if you want one, just ask.

Today's post is going to be about Robert Pattinson.



So what do I have to say about this boy (ahem, man) that has Twilight fangirls swooning across the nation? I dunno, really. I'll start by saying that I think it's incredibly wrong for people (girls and boys and adults, even) to idolize such a figure. RPattz is known for 1. his looks 2. his incredible sexiness 3. his looks 4. his sparkly chest in the movie. Am I missing anything? What has he done besides jump around and act all cool and strong and macho towards a very clueless Kristen Stewart?

I admit that I used to like him -- as Cedric Diggory, he was pretty darn adorable. He was a cutesy little boy back then, and now he's a man, all macho and vampire-like and swoon-worthy. I think it's an incredible shame that RPattz went from being a cute little Cedric to a rugged-looking, messy Edward Cullen. Every single picture I've seen of him since Twilight came out, he's looked unshaven, disheveled, and, quite honestly? Fresh out of bed. I don't get how girls can possibly find him sexy with such unruly hair, such a coarse-looking face, such a...un-sexy-like smile.

In a way, it disgusts me. It's really a shame that he had to take the leading role in such an unrealistic and sappy story that has girls squealing across the nation. And it keeps coming -- I expect New Moon should be coming out soon. More squeals and swoons. Over a naked mole rat and his fellow partner-in-crime, a thin-faced female who can't hold a line of English without stuttering or drawing her eyebrows together in a look of utter bewilderment and (possibly?) the frustration of being followed by a man who can't resist her "scent" and wants her blood at any given time. What a lovely couple.

I'm sorry if I've insulted any Twilight fans, I really am. I just don't see the point in idolizing a man you've nothing to admire except his sexy chest (wait, just kidding, sparklingly unsexy) and brown whiskers, a man who's played a leading role in such an anomalous (well, maybe not), such an abhorrent, repugnant story, the love story called Twilight. Sorry, but it's quite sickening to watch hysterical teenage girls, in their eagerness to catch a glimpse of the mole rat, make him run across a street and nearly get hit by a taxicab. See what you've done, girls?

For the record, I'd take my boyfriend over RPattz any day.

No comments: