Tuesday, June 30, 2009

poker face.

If you really think about it, tumblr is a grand waste of time. You reblog and flickr-search pictures and post them there. No comments, just pictures -- what's the meaning? I could make comments, but I'm not that witty, and I seriously have nothing to say about a teacup with coffee and a wooden stick floating in it, sitting at a table with flowers stuck in an old milk jar, a photograph that garners more than 30 something reblogs. With the addition of tumblarity, it's now a grand waste of time AND a popularity contest. So my tumblarity went from 230 something down to 51 -- and honestly, I could care less at this point.

To some point LJ is a waste of time too. I don't know many people personally on the site, so I also have some "friends" who read my journal and comment every now and then. Periodically, some of my "friends" do "friend-cuts" for those who have "drifted" or who "don't click" and they want to "clean up their f-list :||" Boo-hoo. That's why I don't go there anymore. Ring me up on dreamwidth, if you'd like -- if you need an invite code, I have plenty.

Today is such a ridiculously hot day (better than before, though), and I don't really feel like reading my summer homework. I got up at 12:30 this morning (new record for me), and right now I really ache to talk to him. I can't, though, for my own reasons...even though he's leaving tomorrow at 7 PM. I miss him and he's not even gone yet.

No comments: