Monday, December 14, 2009

Taiwanese pimp post.

I'm not focusing. My eyes refuse to turn to the three MS Word documents open on my screen. Less even to stare at my to-do list. This is the obligatory Taiwanese love post:

--
Dear _______,

If you were to come to Taiwan with me this summer, this is where I would take you:


西門町 - 台北
This is the ultimate hangout place for young people in Taipei. Tons of shopping, and bright light arena, hustle-and-bustle at night. I came here when I was small but I don't remember coming, and I really want to go again. I was going to go shopping there with Ariel and Oliver (two AID friends) a few days after AID ended, but my parents wouldn't let me, because after they picked me up we went to...


淡水 - 台北
You definitely know this place - this is where Jay Chou's Secret was mainly filmed. I saw the filming location the last time I went - amazing, definitely something you have to see when you go there, but it's up on a hill and a long climb up. Danshui is huge - it has a beach that's usually inaccessible to the public because it's fenced off, plus a 老街 where there's a ton of awesome shopping. They're famous for their tall ice creams and noodle soup :)


台北 101 - 台北
Why did I mention this earlier?! You can't leave Taipei without seeing this. The tallest building in the world (at least to my knowledge) and it's still beautiful as ever. I've been here so many times because my grandma lives only a few blocks away. Going up to the top is actually rather expensive, but the view is like no other. There's really nice shopping around the Taipei 101, and inside - there's even a Chenping bookstore on the first floor.

- to be continued, because I got some focus back - :)

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I love Taiwan. Going back this winter break (as well as Japan). <3 Thanks; this post made me happier.