Saturday, October 3, 2009

kurufu tofu!



I'm back.
So much has been going on, and I regret not writing it all down. I really do.
I mean,

journo drama; man, we editors-in-chief live hard lives. Not only do we take responsibility for everything that happens on the staff, but we also work our butts off behind the scenes. I guess that's what teachers feel like when students approach them to have grades changed, and I regret not seeing this when I was a staff writer. There are the good days when the staff are following our directions, no one outside of journo is taking our food, people aren't asking the same questions over and over again, and I am happy. There are the bad days when I want to sit in a corner and cry because of the stress and everything seems to be going wrong, but I know Janet will be annoyed at me for wallowing in myself so I don't. There have been days when we've held on tightly to each other, and yes I have cried on her before, but we make it through this together.

In a nutshell:
  • The Columbia Scholastic Press Association Award. Congratulations to EiCs 2009 ♥
  • Adobe InDesign CS4. We (or Janet) finally got it to work on all the computers, and we have enough licenses for our own personal use as well.
  • First journo party on Friday. People not in journo were taking food. I yelled. The party broke up fast.
  • Joel dislikes our redesign.

homecoming drama; This is a long story. I just wish the whole thing didn't happen. James did ask Joyce in a very adorable way, though -- with a rose in a tree. Teehee, it was really cute! The dance aside, WE WON HOMECOMING, WUUUUUUUT ♥ It's a first for Leland, one class winning two years in a row :D

college; I'm torn between being excited for college and worrying about it and whether or not I'll get in. But what good will worrying do? Might as well enjoy this year to the fullest, finish it strong, and think about college after I'm done :)

friendship; I am grateful for all of my friends. I've grown closer to a lot of them, and I am happy for that. With some, I've grown apart, but I do my best not to have that happen. Elizabeth and I are still very much married and happy and alive and :) I give thanks for her every day, and not an afternoon goes by when I don't miss her. And we're seriously always together. If you find me during lunch, you'll always find her with me, and vice versa.

family lala; my daddy is moving to taiwan in about two weeks. long story for later on.

FOOTBALL; Man, I just started following the football scene, and I still don't get it, because it seriously just looks like men trying to kill each other and pigpile every few yardlines or so, but I LOVE WATCHING THE GAMES :) For the record, Cal got owned by USC today :(

Lastly, a small note to leave you all on. What an adorable MLIA;

Today, my boyfriend came dancing into the kitchen singing my name over and over, just as I was preparing to leave for work. He saw me, blushed and said "Oh, you're still here". Made my day. MLIA


:) that put a big smile on my face when I read it.
good evening to you all, and good night ♥

No comments: