Monday, October 19, 2009

One of twenty

Survey question of the day:


1. Who was your first crush?

mmm. I don't really remember. As weird as this might sound, I love reminiscing about them, about foolish, impulsive love (which I still fall for, even as time goes on), but of course, they're only crushes and nothing more. I had no interest in boys in elementary school. No crushes, no likes, no nothing. I read American Girl books that told me it was around now that my hormones should make me "start seeing boys in a new light" but I felt none of that. I thought I never would, and what a thought.

I'm 99% sure it was some time during middle school, but I don't really remember who. It was probably really, really small. I had one boy who liked me when I was small, but I think it was an elementary form of infatuation. He picked me flowers and said I love you, but the whole time I never returned it, just smiled secretly and said "okay". I think I was just watching in satisfaction and happy with the fact that someone liked me. I was only seven years old!

Hmm. Maybe Elizabeth remembers. Or Jenny.

Boys are complicated beings to understand, as girls are.

No comments: