Wednesday, September 3, 2008

breakfast cafe opens at 7

I'll write here really quick before I rush off to finish my homework before 1:30 ):

I keep saying I hate junior year, but you know, I don't think I actually do. I think it's really challenging, and there's nothing I love better in life than challenges. If something is hard and people complain about the difficulty level, it just makes me more determined to be the one to solve it.

APUSH is actually not that bad if you keep up with everything. At least for now. I know after the first month or so, everyone stops reading...but well, I don't think that's a very good strategy, assuming that I want a 5 on the AP test. idk, I don't know very much yet; it's only the 2nd week of school. I'll find out more as I go along...but for now, I'll just leave junior year at the fact that's it's challenging and it really weeds out the people who REALLY want A's, as opposed to the people who kind of, sort of do, but not really.

I studied 3 or so hours for the AP Bio test on Tuesday. I was beating myself up at 2 AM when I finally crawled into bed for procrastinating so long and prolonging the stress and lack of sleep. I was pretty sure I didn't get a good grade when I turned it in. Then today, when I went up to give her a parent form, she was like "Karen...Lee...WAIT. I have something I need to tell you."

She thought for a while, and I just kind of stood there /weird and finally she said "oh yes. You did very well on the biology test from yesterday."

I was like OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG inside, but I just said thank you and sat back down. Turns out I got a 51/54, 4 points away from the person who set the curve (55)...who's from Harker (crazy people...). I was SO HAPPY during 2nd period because of my grade in bio. I just didn't beat the twins and I was mad because I wanted to beat them ):

I think this class is going to be interesting; I'll always be competing with Iris & Jess, which may or may not make me study harder :) it's a good thing.

In other news...my piano teacher introduced a piano competition to me and asked if I was interested. Believe me, I really, really want to do it. The cash prize is only $250 and master class entry, but I really want to do the competition because I love piano.

I don't know. I'm definitely not practicing hard enough. But if I want to win that competition I'll need to practice at least 2 1/2 hours each day...and junior year, I just don't have the time for that. No matter how efficient I am with homework there is no way I can play 2 hours and still keep straight A's, in addition to my spring sport, journalism duties and SAT's.

augh. I hate choosing between two passions. Straight A's or music major? ):

Okay, I should probably go work. Night everyone ♥

No comments: